So I know everyone does a yearly favorites and I know most people have already done there’s but I did want to list the top 10 products I loved this year. Seriously don’t sleep on any of these products they’re amazing and I can’t express how much I love them. Also I know some of these products didn’t come out in 2018 but it was when I discovered them. And I glad I did.
I also know that I have mentioned how I love these products in my post about recommendations for the Sephora VIB Sale. So to focus a little on other products I don’t want to go on too much about how much I love all these products, and I do love all these products a lot. But I feel like I have to talk a little bit about each first.
1. YSL Touche Eclat All-in One Glow foundation has been the foundation I have most frequently used this year. It gives a good light to medium coverage but the star is the finish. Through some magic it gives the finish of your skin but better, and I know that is a phrase used often maybe even too much, but this foundation truly embodies that phrase. Not only do I love it on its own but it also mixes well with other foundations, which is something I think to take into account. Overall this is an amazing foundation that I’m completely obsessed with and can’t stop using. It’s pricey but I haven’t found anything yet comparable to it’s amazingness yet. So I think it’s worth it.
2. Kopari Coconut Lip Glossy is the first lip balm type product I bought from Sephora that I not only like but truly love. I know there are several fan favorite lip balms and I have tried them and they don’t even compare to this. While most I found either dried out my lips more or contained lanolin (I have a weird allergic type reaction to products with lanolin so I tried to steer clear). This hydrates and moisturizers without making your lips continually need more throughout the day. I usually just use this at night or sometimes more depending on the dryness level of my lips and I can’t begin to tell the difference it has made. Plus it smells amazing, like coconuts. If you are looking for a lip balm (from Sephora or in general) I can’t recommend this enough.
3. Marc Jacobs Higliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner- I had tried a mini eyeliner years ago but wasn’t that impressed. It wasn’t until I was repurchasing Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara that I was able to try other eyeliners (the mascara was being sold with two mini eyeliners). I quickly became addicted to them and I even purchased a full size one (during the sale of course). These are the only eyeliners I have used all year or at least the only ones I can remember even using. I understand all the hype around them and it’s one case where it’s definitely warranted. These eyeliners are crazy expensive but so worth it.
4. Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm- I know I have talked about this product before but it changed the game for me when it came to removing my makeup. I can’t stress or recommend the amazingness of this cleansing balm. It will remove most if not all your makeup and because you have to double cleanse it really ensures you get every last stitch of makeup off your face. This product has become a must have essential.
5. Tatcha Silk Canvas Protective Primer — I quickly became obsessed with this year with the Tatcha Silk Canvas Protective Primer. I love it because it is a pore filling primer, but don’t do weird things when I apply makeup over top, which I’ve had happen several times with pore filling primers. It is a little pricey but the way they make my skin look is something I haven’t found in any other primer yet. And when it comes to pore filling primers I feel like I’ve tried my fair share so to love one this much is saying a lot. It has been one of those makeup products that once I started using I couldn’t stop. And I honestly can’t see myself using any other primer for awhile. If you want an mazing pore filling primer I highly recommend this one.
6.Charlotte Tilbury powder — I was a little scared to actually buy and try this powder. I have been looking at this powder for awhile but the price always made me hesitate to buy it. Also I have heard nothing but good things about this powder, which ultimately means it never lives up to the hype. But I’m so glad it not only lived up to the hype but really surpassed what I thought it would be. This powder is so finely milled and not only sits on the skin nicely but really blurs pores. Basically the end result is stunning. If I were to nit pick anything I do wish that it can in a translucent color because having a light, medium and dark shades doesn’t always cover everybody. I know for me sometimes the light can appear a little too dark on my skin. But I do really love this powder and will definitely repurchase it.
7. Fenty Gloss Bomb — I don’t think I have ever really been a big fan of lip glosses. I think the last time I really truly loved wearing lip gloss was middle school. So when Rihanna first launched her Fenty Beauty line and everyone was raving about the lip gloss, I blew it off thinking it would be another lip gloss I just didn’t like. That was until I finally tried it, and I have to say it has got to be hands down my favorite lip gloss I have ever tried. There is something about it that’s just magical when you use it that I don’t know if I can describe it properly. First off when it was first launched it came in one universal color (there are two more as of now), which seems impossible to have one shade be flattering on so many people. But some how it really does look good on everybody. The formula is shiny and glossy without being sticky and even though it has glitter in it you don’t really feel it. In a few words it’s super comfortable on the lips. And it is one of my favorite smelling lip glosses, which when it comes to lip products is very important. To me it smells strawberry-ish (I’ve heard others describe the scent differently though) which I love more than the overly sweet ones that just make me want a cupcake. This to me is the best lip gloss. It’s the lip gloss that made me really love lip gloss and you are seriously missing out if you haven’t tried it yet.
8. Morphe Setting Spray — I never thought I was that picky when it came to setting sprays. But after venturing out after both of my go-to’s, MAC Fix+ and Urban Decay’s All Nighter became empty, I soon realized not all setting spray is the same. After trying a few I decided to give the Morphe setting spray a try. I was a little scared considering Morphe is sometimes over hyped on social media. And now looking back it was probably a big mistake on my part because this has probably ruined all other setting sprays in my eyes. Not only is the spray a good setting spray but the magic about this product comes in the mister. Unlike others this one is a continuous aerosol ensuring an even application. I can’t tell you how many times a spray has kinda spit out and ruin parts of my makeup. I was hesitant at first about this product but I highly recommend it.
9. Psst dry shampoo — Recently during a trip I needed some dry shampoo and this was the only one in a travel size that I could find at the drugstore I was in. I’m so glad I found this because it is amazing. I think this is the first dry shampoo I have said that smells good. As you can probably tell I’m very particular when it comes to smells/fragrances so when I think something smells good it’s a pretty big deal. The dry shampoo works actually is good too. I’ve been talking about how much I love this dry shampoo that when my mom and sister where going on trip recently she decided to pick some up and both of them love it. But also they liked the smell and they are just as finicky about smells as I am.
10. Invisibobble — When I first heard about Invisibobble I was very skeptical. I mean a hair tie that doesn’t cause a headache for me was unheard of. At first I was stubborn not wanting to believe it could be true and not sure about the actually looks ( I mean honestly they are kinda ugly). Ultimately anything that will help me not have a headache I will try. (Seriously I will try anything. I have even shot a capsaicin spray up my nose because that’s how serious I am about helping my headaches.) And I haven’t used any other hair tie since. I haven’t really worn my hair up for long time because I would always get a headache. Now I can, well at least in my case I can for a few hours without getting a headache, but for most people I suspect would be able to have their hair up longer. Not only do they allow me to wear my hair up but they also don’t cause that crease/indent in your hair after having it up for awhile. I don’t think I can tell you how much I love Invisibobbles and can’t recommend them enough for those with headaches. They are probably hands down my favorite product I’ve tried/used this year, and that’s saying a lot. I mean what else can I say besides that they are pretty f**king amazing.
** Before I close this post out I did want to mention some products I just started using in this last month so they’re too new for me to consider them favorites or must haves. But they have impressed me and I think they should be mentioned.
- Ole Henrikson Balancing Force Oil Control Toner — I have been looking for a toner for awhile since the last one I used ran out and the one I bought to replace it isn’t as good and smells a little funny. (I used to use the Belif Bergamot Herbal Extract Toner and bought the Kiehls Ultra Face Toner) I heard Desi Perkins rave about this toner but always put off buying because I wanted something else instead. I was also not sure if I could use it with my Drunk Elephant Glycolic Night serum since this also contains AHAs and BHAs. But I finally decided to try it out and I got to say it is pretty amazing. I have already noticed a difference in my skin. I think one thing my skincare routine was missing was a toner and I’m glad I got this.
- Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb — I had tried a sample of this a while back and loved it but when it came time to purchase a full size I decided to go with the Ole Henrikson Banana Bright Eye Crème. But I ended hating that one so much that it kinda turned me off of using eye creams all together. Recently I decided to start using one again and I remembered that I liked this one and I’m glad I went with this one. It’s just like their aqua Bomb but for the eyes. I highly recommend it.
- L’Oréal Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara — Ok so I know this has got to be the most talked about mascara in the last two years and it isn’t that I’m late to the game, I did try the regular version of this mascara out, I just hated it. I finally decided to give the waterproof version a try (also it was on sale). I heard from several people with eyelashes like me, you know the ones that turn down and don’t like to be curled or hold a curl, say this was one of the only mascaras that worked for them. I’m actually happy to say I was wrong. I was stunned at how long my lashes stayed curled because within 15 minutes they’re already starting to lose any curl. If you want to try this mascara I recommend the waterproof kind because I’m truly amazed at how well it stayed looking good in my crazy straight lashes.
- Dr Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream — I’ve spoken about this line of products in my Sephora VIB Sale haul post. I really fell in love with this cream. Not only is it for sensitive, irritated skin it also helps color correct redness (and being super pale I always have redness on my cheeks). This is a must for sensitive, irritated skin or anyone with a little redness.
- IGK dry shampoo- I’ve only used this twice but I was really impressed. Plus the smell wasn’t super obnoxious, which always seems to be my litmus test with dry shampoos. I look forward to continuing using it.
Since I’m posting this on Christmas I do want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and happy and safe New Year.